Monday, December 28, 2009

First and Last Ohio Christmas...

This was a very bittersweet Christmas for us as we knew it would be our first and last Christmas in Ohio....so we decided to make it a great one! We started off Christmas Eve with our favorite yummy treats, followed by the traditional opening of one gift (which always consists of pj's!) and then we had a party with the Henze crew via webcam to let the kids see cousins open their gifts from them and vice versa. Got to love technology!!

After making sugar cookies for Santa and getting the kids prepared for the sleepover in the basement, everyone was to bed! Then the big morning arrived. Alexis and Ethan were SOOOOO disappointed that they had to wait for Brylee to wake up since she slept until 8:30! (Mean old mom!)

Alexis received a pink SNUGGIE....among many other gifts. Most of her gifts were clothes this year (she is getting "too old" for toys! Sniff, sniff)





Ethan LOVED every gift he received this year! His thankful attitude is much appreciated :) I love the look on his face when he opened this present...problem is I can't remember what it was! Oh well. I think he enjoyed playing with Brylee's gifts as much (if not more) than Brylee did!




Christmas was complete this year with our newest addition, sweet Brylee. She mostly loved eating and playing with the ribbons, bows, and wrapping paper but it was soooo much fun having her crawling around this Christmas!! Her favorite gift was Sillytown!




I love spending time with my family, but probably even more so at Christmas. I love gathering together to read from the scriptures about the birth of Christ. I love having a special time of year to remember Christ and his sacrifice for us. I just really LOVE CHRISTMAS!! And it was a good one....

5 comments:

  1. I will totally read and care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ya love just being with the fam!!! I second all your thoughts! Christmas is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for blogging! I can't believe how big Brylee is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to have you join the blogging world! Looks like you had a fantastic Christmas! Annie got the same snuggie! When are you coming home?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kids look so much like Henze's.... very cute AND handsome. What a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete