Sunday, February 7, 2010

Weekend News: Valentine Boxes, Marble Pyramid and trip to the ER!

Wow...what a weekend! We are getting settled into a semi-routine in Boise and are having such fun catching up with old friends!! Kids spent most of the weekend playing with friends, enjoying the warm-ish weather and just plain having fun! Here are some highlights...

Alexis and her good friend Maddy found a cardboard box (imagine THAT!) in our garage and decided to make some valentine boxes. After a couple of HOURS in her room they emerged with these...


I think they are fabulous! I wish I had 1/8 of the creativity that Alexis has. She constantly amazes me. The girls also wanted me to take a closeup picture of their matching socks "just in case I wanted to blog them" :) So here they are in all their glory..



Ethan had an assignment from school this weekend to take 100 of any item (anything!)and display it in a "unique" way to celebrate the 100th day of school. Thanks to a great idea from Grandpa Henze he decided to take 100 marbles and make a pyramid! He was so excited to work on it with Dad - and it turned out really well!



Brylee's weekend news isn't as much fun though. She got a bit of cold (which wasn't a big deal) until she decided that she no longer wanted to eat or drink. Saturday evening to Sunday morning she decided not to drink ANYTHING and so we headed to the ER. After poking, prodding and a blood draw, they determined she was dehydrated and needed an IV. She was not happy about it, but was a pretty good sport overall considering. She got quite a bit of fluids pumped back into her and is feeling pretty good right now. She isn't too thrilled about eating still so we are keeping a close watch on her. Poor little girl. Funny thing is - she doesn't act sick at all. We'll see what this week brings! I didn't get any pics at the ER because it was the last thing on my mind :( I am such a wimp when it comes to my kids being sick or in pain.

Wrapped up Sunday evening watching the Superbowl with some friends and eating, eating, eating!! As everyone knows, I love a good chance to eat junky food. Too bad the Saints won though - oh well!

Looking forward to a calm week! :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my heck...that style of your house IS like your old house-crazy!!! Cute boxes & marbles, I hope Brylee feels better.

    ReplyDelete