One thing we definitely missed last summer while we were in Ohio was camping! The lack of mountains made it really hard for us to get in the camping spirit :) So first nice weekend this June we decided to head to the hills and spend some quality time in the woods!!
Brylee's first camping trip. She really did great. She stayed away from the fire and was pretty careful about walking around the rocks and such. This little pink chair had been hidden away in the trailer and was Alexis' when she was little. Kinda sad and happy to pass it on to Brylee...
Brylee's first camping trip. She really did great. She stayed away from the fire and was pretty careful about walking around the rocks and such. This little pink chair had been hidden away in the trailer and was Alexis' when she was little. Kinda sad and happy to pass it on to Brylee...
Having a little snack in the trailer...
Messing around at the campground...
Wheeler rides! Bry was pretty disappointed she couldn't go but she settled for wearing a helmet around. She SCREAMED when we tried to take it off!!
Mmmmm s'mores! The kids LOVE to roast marshmellows in the campfire!
I think some people think we are a bit weird for loving to camp but I love it because it brings our family together with no tv, wii, cell phones , computer or any other distractions of life!! We just have a great time and enjoy each other's company. Bring on Summer!!
Now I'm super excited for our 4th of July campout. I haven't camped in WAY too long. Looks like you guys had fun!
ReplyDeleteIf I had a camper I might like to camp...not much of a tent sleeper. But this looks like so much fun!!! And a total AMEN to the no distractions for family time!
ReplyDeleteYa for camping! You need to try roasted oreos. Cayden wouldn't ever eat marshmallows and so we roasted an oreo until the cream got shiny and warm...it was sooooo yummy!!!!
ReplyDelete