Sunday, July 25, 2010

Wedding, Lagoon, and Pioneer Day!

Well we abandoned Boise for 10 days to head South to visit fam. First stop was Preston, Idaho for Dan and Nicole's wedding. Wedding was in Thane's parents backyard and the kids had a blast being involved in all the festivities.

Not the best pictures but here we are with the happy couple :)




Cute kiddos at the wedding...



After the wedding the kiddos and I headed to Utah to hit Lagoon!! Crazy to say but my kids have NEVER been there! They had a blast! We discovered it was bounceback time so we actually ended up going twice. Alexis was brave and rode ALL the rides. Ethan was brave for Ethan and rode MOST of the ride and only had tears for the ferris wheel (go figure!!) Stephens and Holt cousins came with us....such a fun time!!

Alexis and Rachel



Ethan was the only one not too tall for Bulgy the Whale!!


Bumper cars. Ethan was so cute because he could barely see over the steering wheel!



The front fountains were a great way to cool down!




I love carnival games! The kids played darts, ping pong ball bounce, lucky ducks etc. and walked away with 3 stuffed animals each!! Here they are with cousin Cayden...



Big thanks to gramp and gram Henze for watching Brylee while we played at Lagoon!!

Since we were in Utah we (of course) had to do a big Pioneer Day celebration on the 24th! My parens rented a big old waterslide that the kids had an absolute blast on!! All the grandchildren were WORN OUT by the end of the day! I tried my hand at the slide and walked away with a gigantic bruise and a serious hobble. Note to self: IMMEDIATELY move out of the way when you reach the bottom or other children will ram into you and create a pile-on! Anywho....here are some action shots from the slide.







Ethan with cousin's Brooke and Spencer...



While the big kids played on the waterslide, Brylee played in her own personal pool :)




Final item of the night (before fireworks of course) was rides in Grandpa's Model A!



I didn't get any pics of the fireworks (I think it's cuz of my waterslide wound and that I was completely FRIED) but we did have a good time lighting the skies up!! I think Grandpa Henze might be a bit of a pyro and we enjoyed a good show!!

Fun times! I think my kids are having a great summer!!!

2 comments:

  1. So much fun! I can't believe your kids have never been to the Lagoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously bummed that I didn't see you! Guess what! I'm back in soda....crazy crazy!

    ReplyDelete