Saturday, July 9, 2011

Utah/Idaho Staycation-ish sorta...

So the week after school got out the kiddos and I packed up and headed to Utah for a mini-vacation. Thane joined up with us after a week for one more week of fun. We aren't doing any "fancy" vacations this year but we ended up doing lots of fun stuff in Utah/Idaho including but not limited to:


* Stay at Stephen's house and play 24/7 with cousins


* Sleepover at Walker house (along with the birds, goats, sheep, baby ducks etc.)

* Outdoor (and indoor) Herriman movie night

* Make hairbows (Ashley is amazing!!)

* Utah Valley 1/2 marathon (car wreck as an added bonus!!)


* Herriman parade (lots of candy, t-shirts and prizes!!)

* Lots of swimming

* Brookie's b-day party (I'm stealing the bowling pin cookie idea)

* Lagoon (not once, not twice, but THREE times)

* Bonding with "pretty bird"

* Make water balloon sandals

* 4-wheeler rides

* Play at Grandpa and Grandma Henze's (Grandpa has the best toys)

* Golfing

* Hot springs pool and lunch w/Larsen's (I daresay the pool was almost TOO hot)

* Fishing (with cheetos and coke cups - yes it works!!)

* Many, many Coke:30's with Grandpa Beckstead

* Many, many walks with Dandee for Brylee (she loves that dog!!)

* Visit to Grandpa Rasmussen and ride his new wheeler toy (and eat rhubarb!!)

* Celebrate all the great Dad's in our life on Father's Day



I'm sure I am missing tons of stuff but we had a great time. The kids and I stayed at 5 different places and were welcome at each (at least we thought so!)

Quite honestly I was too busy having fun to bust out my camera. The few pics I did take are from my phone and don't do the great time we had justice!! But oh well :)

It was a great start to the summer!!


























































No comments:

Post a Comment