Monday, February 1, 2010

Staying home

Ethan asked me if I was going to "sign up" for work again in Boise. When I told him no, he was SO excited! I think this whole time he has been thinking I would be going back to work. I guess I had fooled myself when I worked part-time that it really didn't affect them too much. They are SO excited to have me home with them - makes me feel honored and a bit nervous!!

There are days when I miss my job terribly and when I drive by St. Luke's now it makes me just a touch sad...but I wouldn't trade being home with my kids now for ANYTHING. So happy to get to share this time with them while they are still "small."

Total sidenote: I had a big cry this morning about missing Ohio. I knew it was coming. I can't believe how attached I became. It was great seeing everyone at the K11 ward yesterday, but I couldn't help but think of my friends 2,000 miles away and wishing I could see them. I even missed playing the piano in primary! My heart is definitely in two places right now. Can't wait for the kids to get busy in school and sports and such again....then I imagine it will start to feel more like home!

2 comments:

  1. That's sad! I still get a twinge when I drive by my old work too but it's sooo nice to feel some freedom also. How did the kids like school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! We miss you! I miss holding Brylee in primary! Here's my blog: thebrueningfam.blogspot.com----Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete