Sunday, August 29, 2010

Goodbye summer, goodbye :(

I am seriously, seriously traumatized by the fact that my kids will be heading off to 2nd and 4th grade tomorrow. I have become THAT MOM this summer. I can't imagine what I am going to do all day without their fun little selves around. I'm sure once we get into the "school groove" again it will be fine (and I will probably even come to enjoy the quiet) but for now I am one sad mama. I have been shedding little tears on and off the last few days. They are literally growing up right before my eyes and I am not handling very well! BUT...as all good things do, this summer must come to an end.

I haven't been very good about blogging this month, just mostly enjoying the sun and fun, but thought I could share a few final pics.

Here is Bry with her good friend Molly (Boo!) These girls are cutie patooties. I hope I have many, many more pics of them together as they grow up! They have to be friends forever since their stinky noodle/poop incident!




Check out this beauty of a wound. Our ward had a swim party and all was going well until the last 10 minutes when Ethan decided to go off the diving board at the same time his friend was going off the high dive. Well Ethan decided to pay a little more attention to his friend than the actual board he was on, slipped, fell sideways off, scraped his leg and smacked his head on the board. Thank goodness for Micah being close and I also happened to be watching! The lifeguard you ask? WELL...he was picking his freakin' nose!!



My children were literally obsessed (OBSESSED!) with chickens (yes chickens) this summer. Here they are with their chicken arms. Even Brylee was in on the action..



We even squeezed in one last family camping trip to end the summer. Did a little fishing in the creek and even caught some!!



Hot dogs, S'mores and of course...Thane HAS to make breakfast when we camp!!





Helping Dad with breakfast and goofing off in the trailer...




And finally...playing in the FREEZING cold water right by camp. Brylee was cracking us up because she wanted her feet in but as soon as she would get them in she would want them out and scream "owww, owww!" Funny girl.













Good times. August was very relaxing for us after having a crazy June and July.
Until we meet again Summer!!


3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. I'm still having a hard time adjusting to having a first grader that's gone all day, although Benjer is loving being an only child. He'll go to preschool next week! My baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good thing is the kids LOVE school. That makes it easier to accept. Brian can't wait for preschool to start next week and I can't wait to start volunteering in Madelyn and Marcus's classes! See, there's positives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute pics of the girls.....I gaged thinking about the stinky noodle/poop incident! The will be friends forever!

    ReplyDelete