I have been running for awhile now and decided that I needed a 1/2 marathon under my belt to make it official. This past weekend I ran the City of Trees Marathon. I felt prepared enough and the weather was perfect for a run. I ran, and ran, and ran. I can honestly say that I felt really good at mile 8....mile 9...and mile 10. I started thinking..."Piece of Cake!" "I've got this!" "I'm actually going to finish!" Ha ha. Then I hit MILE 11. Miles 11-13 were the WORST!! My knees started to ache and I was ready to nap. But....I pulled through. I will tell only you faithful blog readers (and ok anybody else who asks) that I finished in 2 hours and 4 minutes. I am OK with this time. I really wanted to do it under 2 hours, but I am super happy that I FINISHED!! I did it, and I didn't die. I was pretty sore the afternoon after the race but I have been feeling really good since!! I'm definitely ready to do another!!!
My camera battery died at the finish line so Thane had to take a picture of me after we got home. And...Ethan claimed my medal. He has been talking non-stop about when he is going to run a 1/2 marathon!!!
Holy cow! You are WAY motivated!
ReplyDeleteAwesome Janae! Me and my defunct knee are totally impressed.
ReplyDeleteWay to go Janae!!! That is awesome. I used to think I would love to do one.... now I think I am content to stick to the 10k. That really is impressive and you should be proud of your time and your dedication!!! Wahoo!
ReplyDeletecongratulations! You know I have been talking about doing a 1/2 for how many years now...that is so awesome! NOw your ready for a FULL! :)
ReplyDelete