Sunday, February 10, 2013

What happens in Vegas...

gets blogged!

Went to Vegas the first weekend in December to run the Rock and Roll Half Marathon.  SO FUN!  Definitely up there as one of my favorites that I have run so far.  The run starts at the south end of the strip and goes 2 miles out - then you run ALL the way down the strip, through some shady neighborhoods of Vegas...and end up back on the strip by Treasure Island.

Here is a view of the strip from up above.  I am in there somewhere I promise...at least my sister says so :)


After finishing - woot woot!  Not my best time, but it was also really windy the last 3 or 4 miles.  I did finish in the top 4% of almost 14,000 females so I will call that a win.


We also may have had a little time for some fun :)  My sister and her husband met us there and we ate lots of food, gambled (maybe just a smidge - I can neigher confirm nor deny how long I actually sat at the video poker machine) hit David Cooperfield (there was a whole lot of smoldering and very little magic) and just took in the sights. 


There were advertisements everywhere for a big fight that was taking place the following weekend.  My sister and I laughed and laughed because we thought it could be a photo shopped version of our husbands )  What do you think?



It's weird, but a little part of me feels like Vegas is "home" since we spent a lot of time there when I was a kid.  We had family that lived there and I would LOVE to visit.

I will definitely run this race again next year!  Who's in?

3 comments:

  1. I do know in that picture you are somewhere near the bottom right...instead of Where's Waldo-it's Where's Janae? Fun, fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I think you're more in the middle...

    ReplyDelete