Saturday, January 9, 2010

Fourteen days...

Well I guess this is the journaling part of this whole blog thing. There won't be any cutie pictures for this post. Just wanted my sense of panic and amazement on record! We found out earlier this week that Thane will need to be in Boise February 1st for his transfer with Nestle. So crazy! That means we are leaving on January 23rd. That leaves us FOURTEEN days to be ready to go - and ready to say our goodbye to Ohio. It's going to be really hard, but we are up for an adventure once again. We currently have no place to live in Idaho (our renters are in our home until July) and we are crossing fingers that we can get out of our lease here (it's looking pretty good.) I will say I am not going to miss renting ONE BIT. I miss so much a home of my own. But - I have had a roof over my head so I can't complain.

We are opting to drive across the country as a family (we are completely nuts!) The kids are already packing their "travel bags" though and are very excited! We'll see how they feel about it when day 3 or 4 of traveling comes along.

Yet another crazy chapter in the story of the Beckstead's!

2 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! Hooray for DVD players too. Let me know if you need drugs for Pipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN! Are you guys stopping at any fun stops or just going as fast and as far as you can? All I can say is...REDBOX!!!!!!!! I LOVE that you can rent a movie for a buck and then drop it off at a completely different location/state and rent another one!!! Very cheap and exciting for road trips!

    ReplyDelete