Well this is a really late posting (but I was a bad mom and forgot to bring my own camera so I was awaiting pictures) but we got to experience a really fun Christmas FHE tradition this year!! The making of the Polar Express! My friend Sharyn has this fun train-shaped cake pan that makes several pieces of a train. All the kiddos got to decorate a couple of sections of the train (and adults too!) and then we put it all together on a licorice track, complete with peeps snowmen and trees, and cake mountains!
Jacob and Ethan trying to decide which goodies to put on..
Alexis working on hers...
Silly boys...
Mom getting into the spirit...
The finished product...
Kids are so proud!
And of course this is to be followed up by a reading of the Polar Express! I LOVE this new tradition and it is going to be a part of the Beckstead household from now on (I have already ordered my cake pan!) Thanks Bertasso fam for introducing us to this - you'll have to meet us in Boise next year so we can do it again!
totally fun!! I love it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun idea! That looks like a great time!
ReplyDeleteYou'll have to have us over for that!!
ReplyDeleteWHAT! K-so for my next birthday-I want a train cake pan!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete