Monday, January 18, 2010

Ode to Ohio....

Our days our numbered here in Ohio so the kids and I thought it would be a great idea to take some pictures of the things we are going to miss very most! First of all, let me say that these pics are on a totally commercial level. The thing we are going to miss most - without a doubt, above anything else - is all the wonderful people we have been fortunate enough to meet and become friends with here. We have only been here for 7 short months, but these people have had such an impact on our lives! It's truly amazing how quickly you get attached to a place. The ward has been so great to us and we will miss so many of the families here. We were so welcomed here and have truly found a home here in little old Strongsville, Ohio. We hope also, that we have left a small footprint here as well :)

Ok - moving away from sappy stuff, here are the places the kids and I have decided we are going to miss most! (In no particular order...)



The Library


The kids and I come here at least once/week and love their selection of books! I think Alexis has read just about every Boxcar Children book they have! The librarians know us by name. Gonna miss that!


The Wooden Playground

Ethan LOVES these wooden playgrounds that are all over the different cities. I'm not a huge fan of them, but we spent many afternoons playing here in the summer!




Panera Bread

I have a love/hate relationship with Panera Bread. Love their food, and I have some great memories with friends here. Hate them because they made Thane work SO much while we lived here.



The Mr. Hero Guy

This gentlemen has stood outside welcoming would be lunch patrons to Mr. Hero EVERY day that we lived in Ohio. This guy has waved to me EVERY day. Rain or shine, blazing humidity or snow (and I mean SNOW!!) He'll never know it, but it has a big fan in me!



The Rec Center

I am going to miss this place!! Ethan takes his karate here, we have gone swimming countless times, and I workout here...all for SO CHEAP!! Wish the West had something similiar. Not looking forward to Idaho Athletic again! Oh well.


Sheetz

Warm turkey subs and fueled my caffeine addiction...need I say more? Although I'm looking forward to the Maverick again!



There are so many other things as well, but we'll just have to keep them in our memories!! Thanks Ohio for all the great things you introduced us to!

2 comments:

  1. Let me know when you get your Idaho Athletic club membership and I'll work out with you! I have one already and it never gets used. I don't really have the motivation to work out but i really want to so if you have a membership and are going, I'll join you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN!!!! What a cute idea! Have a safe trip back to the west-you guys stopping anywhere fun?

    ReplyDelete