Monday, January 4, 2010

Hold the macaroni!

I admit that I am a big old chicken when it comes to feeding my babies "real" food. I'm terrified they are going to choke, or have allergies (I still have nightmares about finding out about Alexis' milk allergy!) But I have been a lot braver with Brylee and the older kids thought it would be fun for everyone to eat Macaroni and Cheese together! Sounds like fun - and it was! Here is Brylee enjoying her first taste of the yummy powdered cheese pasta...





Ah...cheesy bliss.


Flashforward to an hour later. Brylee has a head to toe rash, puffy ears, cheeks, hands... you name it! DARN! Is it the mac? Is it the roni? Is it the powdered cheese? Only time will tell, but for now we are holding the macaroni!

On a happier note, we had a wonderful New Years. 2009 was a crazy, wild, bumpy ride for our family, so I'm really looking forward to what 2010 is going to bring!! I love that each new year you feel like you have a "fresh start." Reset those resolutions and get moving! I think 2010 is going to be the best yet - I can just feel it!!


Here are the kiddos doing some fireworks. Oh wait - you can't see Ethan because he is hiding behind the house. Kid is STILL terrified of fireworks! I guess that's what he gets for being born on the 4th of July!





And finally here is Brylee's new trick of the week. She discovered she can barely reach the piano keys when standing against the bench and she LOVES to play! Time for lessons! :)




I can't wait to see what fun adventures the New Year brings for myself and our family! :)

3 comments:

  1. I must have been REALLY lucky with my kids not having any allergies to food. I shoveled in whatever they would eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Brylee! What a cute highchair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course Brylee would be allergic to Mac and Cheese! Poor girl.

    ReplyDelete