Tonight we rest our heads in beautiful Sidney, NE. Beautiful if you enjoy dirt, truck drivers, wind...and s'more dirt. LONG DAY across the very WIDE Nebraska. Nebraska is a freakishly wide state. My family was much watched over today though!! After yesterday's scary end to the drive we were pretty apprenhensive about what today would bring. It was VERY windy (not fun with the trailer and I'm pretty sure every passing car looked at us like we were idiots!) but we saw blue skies and even some sunshine along the way! I'm so glad that Heavenly Father heard our prayers for weather that would be safe for us to travel in!
We didn't see any cool sites today. There is NOTHING in Nebraska. If I never, ever make it back here again, it will be too soon :) We did cross over into the Mountain Time Zone (one step closer to home) and Alexis only has 8 more state license plates she needs to see for her list to be complete. Ethan is fast becoming a master at MarioKart and lego Star Wars on his DS. It is amazing what will entertain you on a looooong car ride.
Low point: the one redbox we found was BROKEN! So we settled for purchasing Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs and both kids watched it individually. They colored a lot of pictures and only fought a tiny bit....which I will take considering how much quality family time we have had in the last few days! Actually I am quite enjoying my time with the fam. I mean - who gets to spend 5 straight days (24 hrs/day) with the ones you love? Thane commented that it is amazing that we still like each other even with the past 3 days behind us. I am so thankful for my family - they are amazing!
Brylee was great again. She got some new toys and played, talked, and ate a LOT of vegi-puffs again. She has developed a double chin in the last couple of days. She definitely let us know tonight when she was ready to stop - but she is a pretty great traveler!
I know that lots of people are offering up prayers that we travel safe and we can feel them! And keep them coming. We have really been watched over and are so grateful. On to tomorrow...
Sunday Snapshots
6 years ago
Some of our best friends live in Sidney. In fact, we will be there next weekend at the Days Inn for their sons baptism. I feel your pain with NE though, longest state EVER!
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you had a safe and successful travel day. I wish you lots more enjoyment as you hit the home stretch.
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way about NE. Yuck! Can't wait for you to get into some better states, especially Idaho!
ReplyDeleteI am glad that you are making progress on your journey. I can't imagine my kids being so good for so long. You must be blessed with some pretty great children. I hope the rest of your travels are nothing to write about. :)
ReplyDeleteHa ha! You think Nebraska is bad! Just wait until you get to Wyoming! My advice: take the northern route to Mt. Rushmore. Even if it's too foggy to see the Presidents, at least there'll be something besides sage brush while you cross the cowboy state!
ReplyDelete